The first and most important thing to know about disposing your vehicle is to find someone who will respect you, your vehicle, and your time.
There are many buyers out there that will offer you a very generous number, but most if not all of these guys will charge you hidden fees which will bring your in hand number lower and lower. Beware these buyers will charge/deduct from you : by the mile for disposal, descrepencies in description, hassle for hookup of your vehicle, flat or missing wheels and/or tires, or simply even just the time of pickup.
The things to look for are:
When to Junk a vehicle:
1. If the cost of repairs to your vehicle sum to atleast half the value of your repaired vehicle.
2. If your vehicle is beyond repair.
3. If your vehicle is not safe anymore or road worthy.
4. If your vehicle has too many problems with it that repairing.
5. If you're not comfortable with someone else being behind the wheel of your vehicle for problems undiagnoseable.
Now that you know what you should junk, the next main question is where should you find your buyers.
How to negotiate with your buyer: Tell them what you want for your car. Be resonable, dont expect to get 1/2 the value of your car if it is dissabled. Dont expect to get compensated for new parts you put on your car.
Now that you know the basics, lets go over the steps.
1. You need to find out what your car is worth in running perfect condition.
2. How much repairs are needed to bring your car to this condition?
3. If the cost of repairs is half or more than half the value of your car in perfect condition, junking may be a viable option.
Give us a call at 678.404.6474.